Mail and Package Delivery
- Stamps and envelopes are available to purchase; packaging material and boxes are available for use.
- The Mail Center receives and sends UPS, FedEx and USPS mail and packages for both U.S. and International delivery (both ground and express).
- Inter-campus mail is distributed throughout the day.
- Fax services are available at a charge of $.50 per page.
- The United States Postal Service delivers mail to the office by approximately 10:00am. The mail is sorted and delivered to the staff and faculty mailboxes by approximately 11:00am and delivered to the student mailboxes by the time our office closes for the day.
- Students are notified of packages via a white “Package Slip” placed in their mailbox. Faculty and staff get a pink slip in their mailbox when an oversized package has been delivered. Should you receive a perishable item (ie: flowers, food, refrigerated item, etc.) we will also notify you via e-mail.
- Students need to have their Student ID and Package Slip with them in order to pick up a package.
- UPS, FedEx and DHL packages will all be delivered to the Mail Center throughout the day; we do not have a set schedule for these deliveries. Please understand that while you may receive an instant e-mail notice from the shipper that your package has been delivered, it does take us some time to sort and process the packages.
Helpful Mail Guidelines
In an effort to ensure quality mail service, please follow these guidelines:
- Never send cash or coins in the mail. Use checks or money orders. Checks up to $200 can be cashed in the Bookstore.
- Use special services when sending something of value. Options include certified mail, insured mail or shipping methods with tracking ability such as UPS or FedEx.
- Use proper, secure packaging, don’t advertise what is inside.
- Use proper addressing.
Outgoing Department Mail and Packages:
- All outgoing department mail must have the 8-digit account number or the department name to be charged on the envelopes.
- Outgoing department mail should be rubber banded together and dropped in the drop box around the corner to the right of the Mail Center window. If mailing is too big for the drop box than please bring to the window.
- Packages can be shipped out via UPS and billed to your account number.
Student Mailbox Information:
- Student mail and packages should be addressed in the following format:
Student Name (no nicknames, please)
1200 Academy Street
Box Number Hicks Center (e.g. 568 Hicks Center)
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
- Your mailbox number and combination are emailed to you the summer before your freshman year. This information can also be found after logging into the Kalamazoo College portal, The Hornet Hive.
- To open your mailbox:
- Turn dial left and position the pointer at the first number.
- Turn dial right past the first number once and then stop at the second number.
- Turn dial left directly to the last number.
- Turn dial slightly to the right until the door open.